Monday 24 November 2014

Juse ONE great year

Was flitting through Blogland on my way here when I happened upon daytimer09's latest blogpost ... I then got some stuff into my head that MUST o u t before I'll be able to do what I actually logged on for.

At the end of daytimer09's Gym Intimidation and Special Power Wish post he asks "What super-power would you like to have?" (He is referring to non-super/bat- /man or woman, Mr Fantastic, etcetera, and I'm using my creative license and putting just a tiny-wee spin on it)

MY SUPER-POWER WOULD BE to sprinkle positivity back into folks thinking / view on life. For me there is very little that is m o r e painful than listening to someone bitch and moan about things (going wrong in their lives, getting them down ... etcetera ) that are well within their or sphere of control to fix. (be it being at the wrong end of a bad relationship / being mis-used or feeling stepped-on / I-hate-my-job ... w h a t - ever, it may be )

Negative thinking does not/should not really require some kind of magical intervention - all we need / need to do, to mention but a few, is: 

  • a realisation of who we are (and who we do not want to be

  • a realisation of where we are in our lives (and where we don't want to be or end up

  • knowing our worth and what we deserve (and what we don't)

  • knowing what we will and will not tolerate

  • the realisation that what we think, we become'

  • IF steps 1 through 5 are followed by minor changes in our thought pattern and outlook

  • and a constructive a plan is drawn up (listing steps/things we need to do in order to eventually get there! ) - then DIOS MIO, we WILL all get there!!!

  • ...A wee bit o' fairy dust would be sooo very useful in E X T R E M E cases, though 

    At the moment my fairy dust is my positivity, can-do attitude & outlook and leading (and as living) by example. The rub-off has yielded rather fair results and the hit/miss ratio is > than 50%. Still ...

    You know how it is said that N O T H I N G we do is ever completely selfless ? ... Well, in this case, I want to know what it feels like to have just ONE GOOD YEAR when others' negativity does not get me down on that ONE day of the year when I just need to 'be' and possibly I need someone else's positivity to pull me through. Is it selfish to feel the way I do ?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for stopping by and dropping in.. Please let me know how you found my wee blog? And if you're a returning visitor the let me know what made you return?

    Pixie :)