Sunday 22 February 2015

Nina, soothe my soul ...

Posted:Feb 20, 2015 9:49 pm
Last Updated:Feb 21, 2015 5:27 pm



It's been a while since This-here-Pixie's had a sitting like this. I've missed it ... I didn't know I needed to see you ... Nina, which means 'tis long overdue ...



Nina, d'you understand me now
If sometimes you see that I'm mad
Doncha know no one alive can always be ... an Angel ... ?
When everything goes wrong, you see some bad

But I'm ... Just a soul whose ... intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood


You've been gone too long,
You've been gone much too long,
Pixie, I'm telling you
You've been gone too long ...

... All these years I've been learning to save fingers from burning
Tomorrow is my turn
No more doubts no more fears
Tomorrow is my turn to receive without giving
Make life worth living
Now it's my life I'm living
My only concern for tomorrow, Nina, is MY turn


Pixie, I always say nobody knows you
When you're down and out
In your pocket, you ain't got one penny
And your friends, you didn't have any
Just as soon as you get up on your feet again
Here they all come, they say that they're your long-lost friend
Oh lord without a doubt
Nobody wants you
Nobody needs you
Nobody wants you
When you're down and out

People laugh each time they see us walking by
and their whispering just make
You feel like you want to cry.
Keep on walking by my side, don't look behind.
You know I'm always with you, Pixie
so don't you pay 'em no mind.

Nina ... In the morning when the moon is at it's rest,
You will see me at the time I love the best
Watching rainbows play on sunlight;
Pools of water iced from cold night,
In the morning ...
'Tis the morning of my life.

In the daytime I will meet you as before.
You will find me waiting by the ocean floor,
Building castles in the shifting sands
In a world that no one understands,
In the morning ...
'Tis the morning of my life!


I take it you ready for this action, Pixie?
Does it give you satisfaction
Are you hip to what I'm sayin'
If you are then let's start walkin'
The answer better be yes ... Yes!
... That pleases me


All I want, Nina, is someone who can, earnestly, say.:
"I can only give you country walks in spring time
The hand to hold when leaves begin to fall
And the lover's burning lights were born on the winter nights
That's all that's all

There are those who have told you
They could give you the whole round world for a toy
All I have are my arms to enfold you
And a love time can never destroy destroy

So if you're wondering what I'm asking in return
You'll be so surprised to know my demands are small
Just say it's me that you adore for now and evermore."

is this too much to ask for, Nina? Cause that's all I ask for ... that is all



xOxOx ALL credit to Nina Simone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and dropping in.. Please let me know how you found my wee blog? And if you're a returning visitor the let me know what made you return?

Pixie :)